WASHINGTON, D.C.—It’s been five months since the Republican passed Tax Cuts and Jobs Act went into effect, and already the unemployment rate has reached a record low, economic confidence has reached a new high and lists still aren’t out of style. Here are 25 ways pro-growth policies like tax reform and regulatory rollbacks are helping our economy:
1. Thanks to the economic growth created by tax reform, the unemployment rate has hit a record low of 3.9 percent.
2. The last time unemployment was this low was in 2000, and America has not maintained such low levels of unemployment since the 1960s.
3. Unemployment claims have fallen to a 48-year low.
4. The African-American unemployment rate dropped to 6.6 percent, the lowest rate on record.
5. Layoffs across the US are near the lowest level in fifty years.
6. In March, there were a record 6.6 million job openings.
7. In the first quarter of the year, the manufacturing industry added 73,000 new jobs.
8. Four million workers and counting are already seeing the benefit of the historic tax cuts.
9. US companies are using the new tax cuts to give more than $4 billion in bonuses to their employees.
10. Housing confidence hit record highs with more Americans feeling secure in their jobs and home values increasing.
11. The CBO predicts the economy will grow at a rate of 3 percent or higher because of tax reform.
12. Sixty-seven percent of Americans feel now is the time to find a quality job.
13. Seventy-six percent of small business owners feel the economy is moving in the right direction.
14. Three-fourths of small business owners believe the tax law will have a positive impact on their business.
15. Eighty-seven percent of small business owners think the new tax law will have a positive impact on the general economy.
16. Forty-four percent of small business owners plan to increase employee compensation.
17. Twenty-seven percent of small business owners plan to use tax savings to hire new employees.
18. Thirty-five percent of small businesses reported unfilled job openings.
19. Seventy-two percent of manufacturers plan to increase employee wages or benefits.
20. Seventy-seven percent of manufacturers plan to hire new employees.
21. Eighty-six percent of manufacturers plan to increase investments.
22. Sixty percent of UBS investors have a positive outlook on the short-term economy.
23. Sixty-seven percent of UBS investors have a positive outlook on the long-term economy.
24. Eighty-five percent of UBS investors believe the economic fundamentals are strong.
25. Eighty-four percent of UBS investors feel very good about their current financial situation.
With all of this good news, it’s no surprise that Americans across the board, regardless of age, education or income, are feeling increased economic optimism. Meanwhile, Democrats are so used to stagnation that economic prosperity is the new “armageddon.”