TOPLINE: Speaker Pelosi’s far-left, pro-abortion legislation aims to codify and expand access to abortion and invalidate every pro-life law in the country. H.R. 3755, the Women’s Health Protection Act, is clear evidence of Democrats’ efforts to achieve unlimited access to end the lives of the unborn. House Republicans will fight to protect all human life and stop the radical left’s push for abortion on demand.
Democrats’ Extreme Abortion Bill Would Eliminate Pro-Life State Laws Nationwide
This week, Democrats are holding a vote on the pro-abortion “Women’s Health Protection Act.” However, this legislation should really be called the “Abortion on Demand Until Birth Act.”
H.R. 3755 codifies a right to abortion up to the birth of the baby in federal law and prevents states from enforcing existing laws that protect unborn children. In addition, H.R. 3755 includes limits on late-term abortions, waiting periods, parental consent laws, and limits on discriminatory abortions.
This legislation would:
- Legalize abortions on demand until birth in the United States.
- Would eliminate nearly all pro-life policies.
- Treats abortion like one more “medical procedure” and devalues the sanctity of life.
- Jeopardizes ultrasound and fetal heartbeat tests, mandatory reflection periods, and parental notification requirements.
- Blocks states’ ability to enact pain-capable laws at 20-weeks of pregnancy.
- State governments that lose a legal flight to uphold pro-life laws must pay litigation costs and “reasonable attorney fees” to the pro-abortion plaintiffs.
- If the pro-abortion plaintiffs lose, they are protected from paying such costs and fees unless their case is deemed frivolous.
- Medical professionals who conscientiously oppose abortion risk losing their jobs, and faith-based facilities risk losing public funding.
Speaker Pelosi, President Biden, and their socialist allies are out of touch with the majority of Americans who want to follow the science and humanize our extreme and outdated abortion laws – not make them even more radical.
Thanks to science, the humanity of an unborn baby has never been clearer.
At six weeks:
- The unborn baby has a heartbeat of approximately 98 beats per minute.
- Blood vessels are forming into the circulatory system.
- The brain is rapidly developing.
By 10 weeks:
- The unborn baby has arms and legs, fingers, and toes.
- The unborn baby is sucking his or her thumb.
- The unborn baby can now sigh, stretch, move his or her head, mouth, and tongue.
- The baby can kick and will jump if startled.
- The unborn baby’s pain receptors have been developing for weeks.
By 15 weeks:
- All of the unborn baby’s major organs have formed.
- The unborn baby has a fully developed heart that pumps 26 quarts of blood per day.
- The unborn baby can feel pain.
- Surgeries have been successfully performed on unborn babies at this age.
Democrats Want the American Taxpayer to Fund Abortion Services
Washington Democrats want to impose a regime of abortion on demand, up until the moment of birth, paid for by the taxpayer.
The Biden Administration believes that abortion services are essential health care, and therefore should be available for every American.
Let’s be clear: Abortion is not “health care.”
Polling from earlier this year reflects that most voters do not support the subsidizing of abortion on demand with their tax dollars.
The poll, commissioned by the Knights of Columbus, found that 58 percent of voters — including 31 percent of Democrats, 34 percent of self-described pro-choice voters, and 65 percent of independents — oppose taxpayer funding of abortion.